Black Friday was completely insane this year. I stayed at my best friend Cara's house so that we could leave really early. We got to Kohl's literally 5 minutes before they opened. It was crazy! There were so many people there. When we finally got inside, we found one of the two items we were coming for and I had Cara get in line while I found the other item. We seriously waited for 45 minutes in line. Never again will I go to Kohl's. Never.
So we raced over to WalMart and JoLyn called me on the way to tell me that they were opening things early. We ran as fast as we could inside and grabbed whatever we could. Thankfully my sisters did an awesome job getting most of the things I needed. I picked up a few other things and then Cara and I left my sisters to purchase everything while we went to Office Max. That was crazy as well. I was in line and by the time we got in the store, there were no more flash drives left!! So I called back to my sister in WalMart and asked her to find some and price match. I also wanted her to price match an SD card, but she wasn't sure what she was looking for, so I asked Cara to stand in line for them while I went to Office Depot to buy something for my Dad. I wasn't very far back in the line at Office Depot and when I went inside I asked the guy holding the door where they were. He said they were at the front of the store. I grabbed one, went to the first cashier and waited a few seconds for her to sign into her register and checked out just like that! I was so shocked. They were even supposed to be open yet because they had opened their doors a few minutes early. That was the best I did all day! I went back to pick up Cara and she was still in line! Crazy, huh?
After all that, Cara and I went to Shopko, got a few things, rested in their furniture area for a little bit then went to McDonald's for breakfast. After we eat in the car, we went to JC Penneys to pick up an item for my sister in law and to just look around. I got DaKoda some church shoes because she has only one pair of sneakers that fit her. Her feet have sprouted in the last little while. We can't keep shoes that fit for longer than a few months.
We also did a little more shopping at Kmart and finally called it quits. But after about an hour at my parents, a bunch of us decided to go to Smith and Edwards. If you've never been or ever heard of it, they have a bunch of Military surplus and stuff. But we love their candy selection. They have candy that you can't find anywhere else anymore. I remember back in Jr High eating gummy rattle snakes. Same size bag as gummy frogs, gummy colas, and such. We use to buy them in the vending machines, but now I can't find them anywhere. Well, Smith and Edwards have them for a dollar a bag. We use to pay $1.25 back in Jr High! Anyone remember Snaps? They are a florescent colored on the outside and licorice on the inside. Can't find those anywhere anymore either. We also love that they carry different things with Disney Princess's on them. We bought a cute little 'coat' rack for $2. I don't think it's sturdy enough for coats, but I thought it would be perfect for the girls' headbands. Brooke also picked out a Princess CD case for $2. Not bad! We bought the girls a camouflage beanie as well. Derek's Dad loves POW stuff and we can usually find stuff at Smith and Edwards for not too much money. Seriously, if you are ever near Smith and Edwards, go check them out. They are just past Ogden off I-15. You can check out their website: http://www.smithandedwards.com/ Finally we finished shopping and relaxed for the last few hours of the night.
6 comments:
Your blog looks so cute I love your background and that darling picture of DaKoda at the top. So funny we used to go to Smith and Edwards too all the time for their candy selection my favorite was always the different flavors of corn nuts. I so remember the gummy frogs in junior high everyone was obsessed with those things!
Props to you. I don't know that I could handle shopping on Black Friday. Even if the deals are great. I get claustrophobic in crowds. Maybe it's cause I'm so short. :P
WAY Cute page !!!! How are you doing? Long time no talk it feels like lol. Does cara have a blog too?
we have snaps and gummy colas and gummy frogs at my work!
Sounds crazy but very productive. I am jealous, I have absolutely nothing bought and it is already the 3rd. I too love Smith and Edwards candy selection, the BEST!
What an eventful day. It really is crazy to try and get all of our shopping done on that day! But I love it! Yes I was at the gateway on Saturday its funny you would say something because I thought I saw your mom, but i wasn't quite sure I bet it was her though!
Post a Comment