Monday, November 10, 2008

The Bandwagon.....'Going Private'

Yup, we are jumping on the Private Bandwagon.
My Mom was a little worried when she watched the news segment last week that many people from Utah have been talking about. The one where a picture of a little boy was stolen and reposted on another website. Turned out one of her family members did it as a joke. Going private would not have protected her, but my Mom none the less feels like being private would be a little safer. I DREAD going private. I have found so many of you wonderful friends because your blogs were not private. I wish blogger would make a feature where if you found a blog you were sure you knew who they were, you could click on something like 'Ask for an invitation'. Then blogger would send the blog owner the message. I am sure many of you know what I am talking about because you have used Myspace or Facebook. Blogger needs to catch up with them and add this feature. Otherwise, how can one know that someone would like to be invited?
I am really sad about this decision. I have thought and prayed all week about what I should do. One day I get this gut wrenching feeling that I need to go private, then the next day, I feel like staying public is still okay. I have been asking for some sort of sign of what I should do. Well, this morning I finally got my answer. I don't want to share any more details, but I really feel like I am doing the right thing. I feel a warm and calming feeling, but yet I am still sad at the same time.
So, I am asking that if you ever hear of someone who might want to read my blog, could please pass on my email address, or comment me with their email address? I have done this in the past for others, so I am hoping that most of you would do the same for me.
I hear the Private world is lonely and quiet, but I feel like this is what I am supposed to do. Another suggestion for blogger: why can't you list when someone private updates their blog? You are not breaking privacy by listing that. Maybe if you are private you could even have the option of opting out of having your updates listed. Does that make any sense to anyone else?
If there is anyone who has read my blog even once and you would like an invite, please feel free to ask.
Well, with out further ado, please leave your email address in a comment and sense I have my comments moderated now, they will never get posted. Or you may also send me an email straight to mickeyssparkplug@yahoo.com Please put who you are in subject line so I don't think it's spam. You wouldn't believe all the spam I get.
I will leave up the gadget with my email address so that you can pass it on to others if they want an invite. We will be going Private effective Thanksgiving weekend.
I am also changing the address of our blog. (The first person who had a blog and talked me into getting one, had a similar address. So, I wasn't sure at the time what I should put. So I want to change it to something shorter.) Please watch for your invite from a blog with 'Wentz' in the address. I know what I am changing it to, but I don't want to list it just yet.
Thanks everyone for being supportive.

No comments: