Thursday, August 7, 2008
Uggggh!
I just have to complain for a minute. Last night Derek woke me up after he got home from work. He was really upset about his second job, the towing one. The boss was busy so he sent Derek out with a worker that had just not shown up for work for a week and a half (at that point I would have fired the guy). Well seriously this guy has NO work ethic at all. In 5 hours they drove through 4 properties. Half way through the shift, he decided to leave one city and drive to another which was about 20-25 minutes away. Talk a about a waste of time. The boss told Derek to go from one property to the next canvasing all the cities along the way. Then the guy wasted 45 minutes talking to some friend. They finally hitched up one car to tow it and the boss called and said they needed to go pick someone up, so they had to leave the car with just a boot on it. It was the end of Derek's shift, so the guy dropped Derek. So for a 5 hour shift, Derek made $7.50. During trainging, he'll only get 1/2 of what he could make out on his own, but Derek does not want to ever work with this guy again. This was his second night working and the first night he didn't make ANY money. That's because the boss calls the first night a test run to decide if you really want the job. Derek even asked him if he decided he wanted the job, would he then get paid for the first night and the boss told him no. Crazy, right??? So for a total of 11 hours now worked, Derek has made a whopping $7.50. I told Derek that if by the end of the week, he hasn't made something more substantial, he was going to have to quit. I mean honestly, he could make more money working at All-a-dollar (which is where Derek was working when I met him :)) or even at Wal-Mart. I know he feels excited about this job, he seems like he would have fun doing it, but really, if he can't bring home any money, is it worth missing his family and making Brooke crazy missing her Daddy?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I know what you mean, Adam had a second job but they stopped giving him hours and really it was just more of a pain than anything. The money didn't help that much...it just sucked!!! It's just so hard now because everyone's money doesn't go very far anymore...
Good luck though, I hope it gets better for you guys! :)
I hope it gets better for you guys also. It's so hard when coworkers don't work and there's nothing you can do about it. It's absolutely frustrating. Hopefully, Derek will be able to start working on his own soon and will be able to start making money. You're lucky to have a husband who does have good work ethic. Good luck with everything!
Post a Comment