Brooke is 3 years, 4 months old.
1. Brooke has the memory of an elephant (i.e. excellent memory). Last Christmas she asked for the movie Ratatouille. She watched the movie the entire month of January, but really hasn't watched it since. So last week I was surprised when we had the following conversation. Brooke came in the living room wearing her rain coat backwards. She said, "Look mommy, I'm Santa Claus." So I proceeded to ask her about Santa Claus. About his red coat, his reindeer and that Santa brings us presents. A little early, I know, (but hey, she's three) I decided to ask her what she wants to ask Santa Claus to bring her for Christmas this year. She looked up at me and said, "My Ratatouille movie!" I sort of chuckled and said, "That's what you got last year, what do you want this year?" She told me, "I don't know." At least we have a few months for her to decide.
1. Brooke has the memory of an elephant (i.e. excellent memory). Last Christmas she asked for the movie Ratatouille. She watched the movie the entire month of January, but really hasn't watched it since. So last week I was surprised when we had the following conversation. Brooke came in the living room wearing her rain coat backwards. She said, "Look mommy, I'm Santa Claus." So I proceeded to ask her about Santa Claus. About his red coat, his reindeer and that Santa brings us presents. A little early, I know, (but hey, she's three) I decided to ask her what she wants to ask Santa Claus to bring her for Christmas this year. She looked up at me and said, "My Ratatouille movie!" I sort of chuckled and said, "That's what you got last year, what do you want this year?" She told me, "I don't know." At least we have a few months for her to decide.
2. Brooke is absolutely obsessed with Spongebob Squarepants right now. She almost refuses to watch anything else. If no Spongebob episodes are on, she begs to watch one of the DVD's of Spongebob. I am getting really tired of Spongebob. I just don't understand a sponge who lives in a pineapple under the sea whose pet is a snail that meows, and works selling crabby patty's (seriously, you would think, 'crab'by patty, it would be made out of crab, but no. It's just hamburgers. Weird!). I wish she would move on to the next addiction.
3. Brooke has been known to actually ASK us to go to bed at night. Not she won't ask during the day for nap time, it only happens at night. She is good about knowing when she is tired and just gives in. She has been a marvelous sleeper since she was 7 weeks old. Everyday she will take almost exactly a 2 hour nap. I just wish I could get DaKoda to sleep like her.
2 comments:
I hear you on the Sponge Bob business, Lance is a fan too, and I am about sick of it. Though currently Lance's favorite is Telly Tubbies which in my opinion is ten times worse. ANNOYING! She is such a cute girl, those little poodle skirts are so cute!
Brea I just read your comment on mine, that is so funny your brother went to Honduras. Eric was there from Jan 99- Jan 01. He has told me about those drinks in the bags I thought it was so funny. Eric always says he wants to go back one day with me and visit but I don't know because he has told me a few scary stories. Basically just one bad area but he got robbed at knife point, so that makes me a little nervous. He loved it there though, and he even got fleas, YUCK! When he came home he also got some kind of parasite that made it hard for him to eat, he was sick and bones for the longest time. He does have some wonderful stories of the people there and some of the places but I have a tendency to focus on the bad stuff. I think that is so cool you got to go pick up your brother, that would have been a great experience. FUN FUN, we will have to get these boys talking one day Eric loves talking to others who have been on the same mission or close by. Sorry so long, it's fun to compare stories.
Post a Comment