Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Happy Birthday Dad!


Today is my Dad's birthday. I am so thankful for my Dad. He is such an amazing person. He has so much patience and love. My Dad is usually the one I call when I need advice. I have no idea where I'd be without him.
I remember staying up late at night just to watch M.A.S.H. with Dad.
Dad would sometimes bring home a slice of pizza from the mall on his lunch break when I had stayed home sick from school. (You would think this would make me stay home from school more, but actually I just enjoyed the time alone with Dad and knew to cherish it.)
I used to love sneakin a sip of his Pepsi....maybe that's why I am hooked on it now.
I have always felt partially responsible for Dad breaking his knee cap while we were at Knotts Berry Farm in California when I was 7 years old. I ran off a ride straight into a crowd and Dad's foot got caught while he was trying to rush out of the ride to catch me. Poor Dad drove almost the entire way home before seeing the doctor. Sorry for that Dad.
When I was 17 during the summer before my Senior year of High school, I went to work at Hill Air Force Base. Not in the same building as my Dad, but we often carpooled and those rides were some of my favorite times with Dad.
I love to watch Dad with my girls. They absolutely LOVE him. Dad, you're the best! I love you! Happy Birthday!

2 comments:

Eric and Jenny said...

What a sweet post, your dad does sound like a great guy. Funny I used to do the same thing with my dad stay up late to watch MASH and also Cheers. I also liked your little niece's birthday post, she is so cute!

Thiago & Teri said...

Oh, happy B-day to your dad. He sounds like a great guy and you can tell how much you love him. I use to sneak drinks of pepsi from my dad too, how funny!