Preschool Graduation

First Day of Kindergarten



Can anyone recognize some faces in this picture? A few classmates attended North Layton Jr. High and Northridge High. I love looking back at all our cute little faces. How sweet and innocent we are. What a fun year. I loved Kindergarten. Mrs. Moon was a wonderful teacher. I remember taking the lunch count down to the cafeteria every morning. This year was also a bit hard for me. For some reason back then, they didn't do Kindergarten testing until about a week into the school year. When they tested me, they decided I was a little advanced. They wanted me to at least skip to the first grade and then in a few weeks they were going to check my progress and possibly skip me to the second grade. The hard part was that the school district had decided to try something new and have Elementary schools switch classes like Jr. High. I can't remember how many classes we had, I think it was either 4 or 5 a day. Can you imagine your first year of school trying to get to different classes? Plus, I had already made friends from my Kindergarten class. My teacher for first grade, Mrs. Findley tried to get some girls to be friends with me. I remember one day after being in First grade for about 3 weeks, my "friend" ditched me during recess. I went in crying to Mrs. Findley and she and I had a talk. I remember her asking me if I wanted to go back to Kindergarten where my friends were and I said YES!! So back I went. And I have never regretted that decision. To this day, Mrs. Findley is one of my favorite teachers. I did go on to have her for an entire year as my first grade teacher. By then, they had changed the idea of switching classes so many times, but we did have sort of an AB day schedule. On A days, we would go to Mrs. Murphy who I believe taught us math. On B days, we would go to Mrs. Forbush for art, I think. Then on both days, in the afternoon, we would go to our afternoon teacher which was Mrs. Findley. More to come about the fun things we did in her class next Flashback Friday!
4 comments:
Thanks for posting this. i can't believe how little we were! it's funny to look and see everyone so little. Were we even big enough to go to school? I doubt it!
Oh yeah. You were in my first grade class! I loved Mrs. Findley, she was such an awesome teacher. I remeber always writing books in her class and singing God Bless the USA...good times. I have Mrs. Bubock in kindergarten.
Love your flashback Fridays, keep them coming. Such cute pictures, you are one darling little girl.
Yes I not only recognize the people we went to highschool with but even people who went to other highschools. Do you remember Cherise robinson? She ended up marrying Josh Huges and last time I ran into her they had two girls. I also remember mrs. murphy and forbush with the A/B schedule
Post a Comment