Friday, April 25, 2008

Flashback Friday to 1985

Here I am at exactly three years old. I have SO much hair!! Why can't I pass that on to my kids? They definitely get their "hair genes" from Derek's side of the family. Anyways, back to the flashback.... I was fortunate enough to be able to go to preschool for two years. I absolutely LOVED preschool. I actually have some pretty clear memories of preschool. Maybe that's because I went for two years. I can picture exactly where the playground is because one of my favorite activities was to walk around the playground cement wall. Remember how they teach you to walk one foot in front of the other usually on a two by four piece of wood? Well, I learned how to do this on that two foot high cement wall surrounding the playground.
I am curious how Brooke will be in preschool. Because of her speech delay (which I feel isn't so bad now that she has had SO much help! Thanks to the early intervention program!!!) Brooke has already been approved for preschool this fall. I am seriously having a little anxiety already about this. I have NEVER left Brooke with anyone other than family. No joke. If we have a babysitter (which is rare) it is usually Aunt JoJo, Uncle JD or Grandma Wentz. I don't know how that first day will be, but I am sure that I will take it harder than Brooke will.
So I know this is turning into more about Brooke than me or my flashback, but this flashback is about when I was three and how can I not think of Brooke who is three right now? I wanted to share Brooke's new accomplishment. We have a magnetic alphabet on our fridge. It is the leapfrog set. It sings about each letter. Well, Brooke can READ almost half of the letters!!!! We ask her, "What letter is this?" and Brooke will answer correctly!! Oh my gosh, my little girl is starting to read!! It told my mom I am going to get out the book "Green Eggs and Ham" because Brooke can identify the letter "I" and this book has the word "I" in it a lot. Maybe I can get her started on reading words. I am so excited.

3 comments:

Eric and Jenny said...

Yeah for Brooke, that is so great she is learning her letters. I am sure she will be great in preschool. Love that picture of you, what gorgeous hair. I can't believe you are only three in that picture, you were so cute!

Candice said...

Maybe something you could do between now and then is leave her for an hour with a neighbor, friend, etc someone you trust. That way, maybe it won't be such a shocker when she goes to preschool on her own! That's great that she is starting letter recongnition, that's a sign of a early ( and good) reader!

Ashley and Devan said...

Brooke is so smart! I can't believe that she can read! Go Brooke!! And you were darling in that picture! Flashback friday is so fun. I missed mine last week.. a big ooops there! I still remember Brooke as a baby in Dr. Whitings office and now she can read.. wowsa!

So on the question you asked about saving your elements when you switch layouts. If you use pyzam layouts there is no way to save your sidebar elements that I know of, sadly.

Try creating a layout using the sjh blog design or if that is too complicated (which it is a little) go to www.cutestblogontheblock.blogspot.com
and get a layout there.
By using layouts from these sights you will not loose your sidebar elements.

Does that help? Let me know if you have any questions or if you need help creating a personalized template of your own : )