

What kind of world do we live in? Sometimes I really worry about raising two little girls in this place where you can't even blink. First Elizabeth Smart was abducted from her own bedroom while her parents were in the same house sleeping. Seriously... we HAVE to sleep. What are we supposed to do? Sleep in shifts so you worry less about the dangers? Then there was the Destiny Norton case. For those of you who may not know, Destiny was playing in her own backyard when a neighbor abducted her. Her father was in the house for just a short period. How many parents have sent their kids out back to play by themselves? When I was little we were sent out into the neighborhood, not the backyard, without any worry. Now we can't even let them go outside alone? Then there's the latest. Seven year old Hser Nay Moo's body was found in her neighbor's bathroom, after being missing for just over 24 hours. Hser Nay Moo had gotten into a disagreement with her brother and went outside to play. That's where she went missing. One man has since confessed to her murder. The family's NEIGHBOR. I watched the news for almost an hour last night when they reported that they had found her body. There was a candle light vigil going on outside the family's appartment. The news reporters said repetedly it was good to know we live in such a great community that so many people would come out and help with the search. Are you kidding me??? I almost felt like yelling at them, "How about worrying that we live in such a community that you can't even let your kids go outside to play alone?" "You can't even blink anymore in any community for fear that someone is going to abducted YOUR child?" Don't be naive. There is not much planning in child abductions anymore. It really comes down to opportunity. Do you really think that this man planned for Hser Nay Moo to get into a disagreement with her brother when she did and go outside when she did? And for no one to be around to notice them take her when they did? I recently watched a documentary about what some people will do to have a baby, even if it means abducting them. A women had her baby abducted right out of her own van in the parking lot of a Wal-Mart. How often have we all felt safe, thinking how many people are around in a busy parking lot? Please, we all need to take the time to check our surroundings. Watch out for your fellow "community" members and help out those who may have blinked. Please, and I will try to watch out if you ever blink. Because heaven knows we all have to blink. God bless all children and please let them be little.

2 comments:
So true, the world is definitely scary these days, much more so than when we were little. I did not know about that last little girl you mentioned, how sad. This is a great reminder to always be aware of our surroundings.
Oh yuck..don't you hate it. I heard the amber alerts for that little girl, but i didn't know they had found her body. Makes me sick. I can't even imagine that happening to your child, how do you go on after something like that. Thanks for the reminder to always keep an eye out for our little ones!!
Post a Comment